Thank you for visiting our site. This site is supported by our readers and members. We may earn commissions, at no cost to you, if you purchase products from retailers after clicking a link or advert from our site. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon. These commissions help keep this site going. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We hope you enjoy our site!
Which Keurig K-Cup Brewer is the smallest? Why bother with ‘small’ anyway? Well, a single-serve caffeine delivery machine is potentially the future of home coffee brewing. And usually, ‘small’ is more convenient for homes.
Popularised by Keurig who revolutionized the idea that smaller is better with the invention of their K-Cup pods, the single-serve coffee maker has become a go-to java weapon of choice for the caffeine fan who wants an instant hit of their favorite brew as quickly as possible.
While they popularised the K-Cup pod and made the single-serve machine all the rage, Keurig aren’t the only brand that makes machines that are capable of using their pods to make great coffee, and while they used to rule the world of small brewing single serve makers, Keurig no longer dominates the market the way they once did.
This is why we thought that it was about time that we took a closer look at three of the smallest Keurig capable brewing machines in order to determine whether the company that gave the world the original K-Cup still reigned supreme in the small brewing universe, or whether one of the usurpers had finally managed to do the impossible and topple Keurig from their perch.
Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
Some people call it the K-15, we know it simply as the K-Mini. It’s the smallest of Keurig’s brewing machines and with over four hundred different varieties of K-Cup pod to choose from, it’s still the most popular single-serve coffee maker in the world.
It’s simple to use, you just fill the one cup reservoir with the desired amount of water that you want the K-Mini to turn into coffee, load your chosen K-Cup pod, and a couple of minutes later, you’ll have a delicious cup of single-serve coffee.
At just five inches wide, twelve inches high, and eleven inches deep, the K-Mini is a machine that was made to take up as little space as possible, and that was, and still is, one of its most attractive features for a lot of people.
It was designed to be used anywhere and can be taken anywhere and as long as you have access to a plug socket, water, and a K-Cup pod, you can enjoy a freshly brewed cup of coffee from over seventy-five different globally recognized coffee producers.
But the K-Mini’s strength is also its main weakness as it can only brew coffee from K-Cup pods, and while it’s still a formidable, easy to use, straightforward, and incredibly simple machine that looks good everywhere and makes great tasting coffee, its lack of versatility and has become its brewing Achilles heel.
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes
- CORD STORAGE: For easy transport and tidy countertops
Last update on 2021-10-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Chulux Single Serve Coffee Maker
Designed to do exactly the same as the K-Mini, brew coffee from a single-serve pod, the Chulux coffee maker seemingly appeared from out of nowhere and rapidly became a firm favorite with K-Cup pod fans as it does everything that the Keurig does, but it costs a fraction of the price.
The other plus on Chulux’s side, which was and is seen as being a direct challenge to the K-Mini, is its size. Measuring just nine inches high, by four and a half inches wide and seven and a half inches deep, the Chulux is actually smaller than the aforementioned K-Mini.
Admittedly isn’t much smaller, but as it is also relatively easy to use (like the K-Mini, you add the required amount of water that you want it to brew to its reservoir, insert the pod, and hit the button), and brews directly from K-Cup pods, it’s a serious challenger to the K-Mini’s crown.
It also uses a fast brew system that’ll deliver a freshly made cup of coffee in around two minutes for a twelve-ounce cup and half of that time for a six-ounce cup. And cleaning it is even simpler, you just repeat the brewing process without adding a K-Cup pod, and the water that normally brews your coffee flushes the Chulux clean.
The jury is still out on whether or not the new kid on the block can brew in the same inimitable fashion as the old master can, but with a rapidly growing fanbase firmly in place, it’s only a matter of time until Keurig have to go smaller and continue to push the limits of what their smallest, single-serve coffee maker can do or they might just find themselves at the mercy of Chulux.
- 【SINGLE CUP COFFEE BREWER-12OZ】CHULUX personal coffee maker compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 pod coffee capsules to meet variety needs.Also suitable for using ground coffee (reusable filter NOT included) to create your private cafe at leisure or busy moments.
- 【ONE KEY SWITCH OPERATION】800W heating element with rapid brewing technology by blue indicator light flash,also features auto shut-off preventing from overheating,keeping safe and help saving energy.One cup of hot brewed coffee will ready for you within 3mins. Also can use it as a water boiler to get hot water or tea.
- 【MINI COFFEE MACHINE】The compact size is perfect for business trip or limited countertop. The portable small coffee brewer easy to carry anywhere,friendly for office,kitchen,dormitory,hotel and RV. The voltage is 120V.
- 【MUG SIZES COMPATIBLE】The coffee flows out is almost same as the water amount you poured in,ensure every fresh coffee by maximize utilization.The single coffee brewer supports for travel mugs up to 5.3’’ tall by removing drip tray.
- 【FOOD-APPROVED MATERIAL + EASY TO CLEAN】BPA-FREE material for water tank and piercing needle. Detachable filter basket and drip tray can be removed and washed directly. A easy clean method by pressing button after adding in water and vinegar.
Last update on 2021-10-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Chulux was recommended on sites such as Spruce Eats, Best Advisor, Gadget Review, Homestuff Pro, and Consumer Search.
Suripow Single Serve Coffee Brewer
The Suripow is easily one of the most versatile single-serve coffee makers that we’ve ever used, and at just over five inches wide and eleven inches high, it’s compact enough to fit on any counter-top or find a place on any desk.
But the real reason that the most devoted of caffeine fiends have tried to keep the Suripow existence a secret, is the fact that, thanks to its interchangeable basket system, it’ll brew using both K-Cup pods and coffee grounds.
It’s also straightforward to use, and you can easily switch between filter coffee and K-Cup brewing with the push of a button. Just add the amount of water that you want the Suripow to transform into coffee, either add a pod or fill the basket with coffee, select which you want by pushing one of the two buttons on the coffee maker and you’ll have a delicious cup of steaming hot, ready to drink liquid gold in under three minutes.
- ☀FAST & FRESH BREWED: Suripow single serve coffee tea maker made from fast brewing technology. In lucky peach magazine, many food bloggers recommend that 195.8°F water is the most suitable temperature to induce coffee aroma and keep fresh. Suripow fast brewing technology based on this theory. Quickly have your delicious coffee within 3 minutes! The water adjustment function(6, 8, 10, 14 ounces) offers you brewing strength control,to achieve the best taste for you.
- ☀2 In 1 Brewing Methods,4 Capacity Choices:Whether you like K-cup pods or traditional ground coffee powder or tea bags, this single cup coffee machine is customized specifically for you, coming with two buttons on the right side let you switch freely between K-cup pods or ground coffee powder . So easy to make coffee!
- ☀Self-Cleaning Button &Auto-Off Function: Make your coffee brewing process easier, after brewing your coffee, add 6 ounces of water and catch it with the same size cup while simply pressing the double button on the right side and the coffee maker will start cleaning itself, forgot to turn it off? Don't worry, it'll will automatically shut itself off after brewing a cup of coffee,helping to save energy.
- ☀Compact And Durable Design:Less than 5.4” wide, fits neatly on your countertop, perfect for RV travel, office desk, hotel, small house kitchen counter. Innovatively designed to be compact and durable, extremely effective, this coffee maker is much smaller than others, no worrying your space, just put it on the area as big as the palm of the hand.
- ☀Notes:.Please brew water to clean for first use,it can be more effective to extract essence from coffee.ONLY can be used under USA voltage standard 110V-120V, a voltage converter is needed if used in other countries.
Last update on 2021-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It’s A Small (Coffee) World After All
Strictly speaking, if you’re searching for the smallest Keurig brewer that you can find, one that’ll serve K-Cup after K-Cup of coffee, then the Chulux will absolutely steal your caffeine heart.
However, if you’re looking for a compact single-serve K-Cup brewer that does a little more and goes the extra coffee mile, then you need to look no further than the Suripow.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.