Thank you for visiting our site. We have been a trusted and expert coffee authority for over five years. The support of our readers and members sustains our site. Should you purchase products from retailers through links or adverts on our site, we may earn commissions at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on Amazon. These commissions are vital in maintaining the operation of our site. We curate some content and strive to provide valuable links to some of the best places on the internet. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We trust you will enjoy our site!
If pumpkin spice latte is the drink of choice for the fall season, there’s no drink more loveable in winter than peppermint mocha. Sipping a delicious cup of peppermint mocha is reminiscent of snowfall and sleigh rides.
No matter if you drink it cold or hot, there’s something amazingly satisfying about the cooling taste of chocolate with a minty flavor, any time of the year. But the most disappointing thing is you can only order this seasonal drink once you want. How can we overcome this? You must make your own. Our guide to peppermint mocha recipe is all you’ll ever need to enjoy this drink in all seasons.
What’s in Peppermint Mocha?
The world of coffee drinks is confusing because there can always be many flavors of your favorite beverage, but this recipe is simple-to-follow. Peppermint mocha uses milk, espresso, peppermint syrup, and mocha sauce.
The four mentioned ingredients bring magical flavors to your drink. You can garnish it with whipped cream, peppermint, chocolate shavings, or anything else you’d like to add.
How to Make Peppermint Mocha?
Try this easy-to-make peppermint mocha recipe and make the most delicious cup of peppermint mocha at home. Here is a list of ingredients you need and a step-by-step guide to follow:
- Espresso: Mochas are all made from espresso. It’s best to make your own espresso so read our how to make espresso guide.
- Chocolate syrup: Use chocolate syrup available in stores or make your own.
- Peppermint syrup: Make homemade syrup or purchase it from a store. We recommend making your own syrup because it’s just three ingredients and takes only five minutes.
- Milk: Like all mochas served at coffee shops, peppermint mocha uses 2% milk.
- Cream: This makes vanilla whipped cream.
- Vanilla syrup: Most coffee shops use cream as a sweetener, but you can use vanilla syrup to add more flavor.
- Chocolate curls: Use a dark chocolate bar and create shavings or curls with a vegetable peeler.
- Mix the cream with vanilla syrup to create whipped cream using a hand-held milk mixer. Whip until soft peaks form. Set this aside.
- Make espresso; use two Nespresso pods or pull two shots from an espresso machine. Then add espresso, peppermint, and chocolate syrup in a cup.
- Now add frothed milk to the mix. Use an electric milk frother or the espresso machine’s steam wand to make frothed milk. Simmering milk on the stove is another option. Pour the milk mixture into the French press, and then press it through the plunger several times to produce the foam.
- Top the drink with whipped cream and decorate with curls of chocolate.
Here’s a list of tips to make your drink full of more flavor and more exciting:
- You can add some chocolate curls by garnishing your drink with drizzles of chocolate syrup and crushed candy.
- The chocolate syrup would likely slide into the bottom of the cup, so make sure you stir it thoroughly before drinking.
- Try fresh coffee. It just tastes better.
- Instant coffee is a great option even if you don’t have an espresso maker. Mix one tablespoon of instant coffee with a cup of hot water to substitute for the two espresso shots in this recipe.
- You can buy Starbucks vanilla syrup instead of local syrup to boost flavor.
- Turn on medium heat. It’s tempting to increase the heat to get it done faster, but the only thing you’ll accomplish is burning the milk.
- This recipe can easily double or triple when you’re serving more guests. You just need a bigger pot.
- Customize! The great thing about creating your own coffee drink is that you can experiment with it until you get the perfect taste. You can add more or less sugar to make it chocolatier or add a different flavor, such as caramel. You should find something you like to add more flavor to the coffee.
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Variations?
- Brew it with white chocolate. To do so, add white chocolate chips to the milk when you heat it, and then stir them and allow them to melt.
- Brew a dairy-free variation. Simply use non-dairy milk instead of pure milk.
- Create a skinny version. Feel free to use low-fat milk, a sugar substitute, or a natural sweetener.
- Try an iced peppermint mocha.
- You can add more garnishing options: crushed candy cane, peanuts, caramel drizzle, or chocolate drizzle.
- You can make it decaffeinated if you’re not fond of caffeine or want to have this drink before sleep. Don’t worry! Simply replace your regular coffee with decaf!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is peppermint mocha coffee-based?
Yes! Every traditional peppermint mocha cup uses brewed espresso. Even for our homemade peppermint mocha recipe, you can use brewed espresso or any other strong coffee.
Do peppermint mochas have the taste of coffee?
If you make the peppermint mocha following our recipe, it will have a smoky coffee-like taste because it uses two espresso shots. Since you’re making it for yourself, you can personalize the flavor. If you like the coffee’s taste, add more. If you like it a little sweeter, add less.
How can you make peppermint syrup?
Follow these simple instructions to make peppermint syrup at home:
- Combine sugar and water in a medium-sized pot and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boiling point over medium-high temperature. Stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Remove from the stove and add the peppermint extract. Let it cool down, and then place it inside an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to use the syrup, add a teaspoon of vodka to keep the syrup in good condition. The syrup can last approximately 4 to 5 weeks.
How to Make a Peppermint Mocha?
Just follow our recipe or choose a recipe from the other sources we provide for you.
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Cookies
For a good peppermint mocha cookie recipe see sallysbakingaddiction.com
What’s in a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha?
Starbucks has its own peppermint mocha and it is pretty poplular. Its recipe has changed only a little; it’s now made with 2 percent milk as the standard and with dark chocolate curls on top instead of red sprinkles. (stories.starbucks.com)
How to Make Espresso at home?
If you want to make a great espresson please read ‘our best post on this ‘How to Make the Perfect Espresso on National Espresso Day‘
How can you steam milk at home?
You can steam milk in a microwave, on the stovetop, or in a Mason Jar. For recipes see coffee affection.
How to Make Starbucks Peppermint Mocha?
If you want to make a peppermint mocha like you find at Starbucks then you will need a copycat recipe as shown by copykat.com
Peppermint mocha is a classic holiday drink perfect for winter. If you follow this recipe for a homemade peppermint mocha, you can enjoy this drink throughout the year. Every coffee enthusiast must try it.
Similar Posts You May Like
Other Recipes You May Like
As always we search the world for other top posts that you may like. If you don’t like our recipe then you can try any of the recipes listed here.
Peppermint Mocha Recipe – The Recipe Rebel – easy and homemade! – This Peppermint Mocha Recipe is so easy and tastes as good as Starbucks! Enjoy a gourmet coffee right at home with this 10 minute recipe! (thereciperebel.com)
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha: A love story – Which came first, the Peppermint Mocha or the Egg(nog)? Learn the story behind the classic Starbucks holiday beverage. (stories.starbucks.com)
Cozy Homemade Peppermint Mocha Recipe – Pinch of Yum – Cozy Homemade Peppermint Mocha! Creamy, minty, rich dark chocolate… SO yummy. Cozy up, grab a blanket and a book, and get your holidays on. (pinchofyum.com)
Pick Up Limes: Peppermint Mocha – Peppermint candies add a tingly, cool taste to this creamy and sweet mocha mix. It’s the perfect cozy drink for the fall and winter. Pro tip: scale up the recipe to make a large batch of the powdered mix for quick lattes on-demand! (pickuplimes.com)
Peppermint Mocha Latte– La Colombe Coffee Roasters – A refreshingly minty winter wonder, made with real coffee, real milk, and real peppermint mocha. Like the holidays, our new Peppermint Mocha Latte can looks a little different this year. But also like the holidays, this beautiful new can is worth cel (lacolombe.com)
Candy Cane Cold Brew – Peppermint Mocha w/ Soft Top & Candy Cane Sprinks – DutchBros Coffee – Candy Cane Cold Brew is a holiday staple! Sip on this peppermint mocha w/ Soft Top + candy cane sprinks! (dutchbros.com)
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha – CopyKat Recipes – Starbucks Peppermint Mocha is a wonderful holiday coffee drink. Save money and get the easy copycat recipe to make the best peppermint mocha coffee at home. (copykat.com)
Cookies and Cupcakes
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes – Sally’s Baking Addiction – An easy recipe for fudgy peppermint mocha cupcakes. Your favorite holiday beverage in cupcake form! (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
Peppermint Mocha Cookies – Sally’s Baking Addiction – These peppermint mocha cookies are as fudgy as brownies! Soft-baked and dipped in white chocolate, they’re an irresistible addition to your holiday baking. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
The nutrition information for a peppermint mocha depends on the type and amount of ingredients used to make your mocha. However, the following sites may be useful.
Peppermint Mocha: Nutrition: Starbucks Coffee Company (starbucks.com)