Thank you for visiting our site. This site is supported by our readers and members. We may earn commissions, at no cost to you, if you purchase products from retailers after clicking a link or advert from our site. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon. These commissions help keep this site going. Content may be curated. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We hope you enjoy our site!
When it comes to Halloween drinks, Starbucks sure knows how to get them right. Over the years, they have come up with so many innovative drink flavors, especially when it comes to their Frappuccino®.
What is a Frappuccino®?
Frappuccino is a trademarked brand of the Starbucks Corporation for a line of highly-sweetened iced, blended coffee drinks. It consists of coffee or crème base, blended with ice and other various ingredients like flavored syrups, usually topped with whipped cream and or spices. Frappuccinos are also sold as bottled coffee beverages in grocery stores, convenience stores, and vending machines (Wikipedia).
Spooky Witch Brew Frappuccino®
When this Frappuccino was first released, it took the internet by storm. Not only did it look brilliant, with its purple color, green dusting, and lizard scales, but it tasted delicious too! Starbucks described the drink as containing “toad’s breath, bat warts, and lizard scales.”
As this Frappuccino was only released for Halloween, if you are still craving its taste, you will be happy to know that you can recreate this iconic drink at home. OK, I know that it isn’t coffee but this is just a little spooky deviation for Halloween.
In this article, we will be talking you through how to make this drink, and all the ingredients you will need.
Here are the ingredients you will need to recreate the Spooky Witch’s Brew Frappuccino:
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- A sprinkle of matcha powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of açai or blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
The ingredients for this recipe can be changed slightly depending on your preferences. If you want it to be healthier, you can leave out the vanilla extract. While almond milk is used to make this drink, you can alternatively use regular milk or different plant-based milk.
In addition to this, if you want the drink to be completely vegan, you can choose to use a dairy-free cream option. You can use as much orange juice as you prefer.
You can choose to use either açai berries or blueberries. This will depend on your taste preference. You can also use a mixture of the two.
The drink isn’t made with coffee but you can try it with a dash of espresso. I thought it tasted OK but your taste may be different. Then again, I also reduced the matcha. If you are making for kids then just don’t add coffee.
Step One – Preparing The Chia Seeds
Before you use chia seeds, it is important to soak them in water for a short period. This will allow them to be softer in your drink, a lot more appetizing, and better for your digestive system. Soaking the chai seeds allow them to be great for hydration.
You only need to soak the chia seeds for around 15 minutes before using them, though you can choose to soak them for a few hours if you prefer. This is down to personal preference.
Step Two – Blending the Ingredients
After the chia seeds have been soaked, you will want to gather all of your ingredients ready to blend them. First, you will want to take your frozen banana, almond milk, blueberries or açai berries, and orange juice and place them into a blender.
You will want to blend them together for a few minutes until the mixture has a smooth consistency and is not lumpy. After you have done this, you will want to taste the mixture.
If it tastes sweet enough, you do not necessarily need to add in the vanilla extract. If you are looking for it to have a sweeter taste, then you can add in the vanilla extract. In addition to this, if you want to add more orange juice for extra flavor, you can do this too.
If you don’t have a blender then try some of these best selling personal or counter-top blenders
- Compact design and BPA free: Great for home, office and travel with on the go portability
- Blend and go: Blend and drink from the 14 ounce jar and lid which are both dishwasher safe
- One-touch blending: Makes great smoothies, shakes, baby formula, marinades, salad dressing and more
- Stainless steel blades: Ice crushing power for smooth results
- Efficient 175 watt motor provides all the power you need for fast, reliable performance
- Sophisticated Design - The ergonomic grip offers a non-slip and comfortable grip when continuously blending ingredients.
- Exceptional Quality - The full copper motor withstands continuous use and will last 3X longer than competitor's motors.
- Versatility - The removable blending arm with fixed blade locks into the motor body for easy operation. The stainless steel S-shaped fixed blade quickly blends ingredients for smoothies, milk shakes, soups or baby food and the quality Whisk attachment is a perfect addition.
- 1 Year Warranty so you can buy with confidence and blend happily ever after.
- Made in China.
- PROFESSIONAL POWER: 1000 watts of professional power can crush ice and breakdown any tough ingredient.
- XL CAPACITY: The 72 oz professional blender pitcher is excellent for making frozen drinks and creamy smoothies for the entire family. 64 oz. max liquid capacity
- INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY: Total Crushing Technology delivers unbeatable power with blades that pulverize and crush through ice, whole fruits and vegetables in seconds.
- ICE CRUSHING: Blast ice into snow in seconds and blend your favorite ingredients into delicious resort-style frozen drinks
- RECIPE INSPIRATION: The included recipe guide provides drink and dish making inspiration.
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Step Three – Adding The Drink And Lizard Scales.
Next, you will want to prepare your glass and create the lizard scales. To achieve the best results, you will want to use a clear glass.
You will want to add a quarter of the mixture to the glass. Once you have done this, place a small patch of chia seeds on the side of the glass. You will want to create a pattern that looks like scales. You can add as many or as little as you like.
After you have done this, you will want to add more of the drink and continue this until the glass is full. Once the glass is full, the chia seeds will look like lizard scales and add a cool design to your drink.
Step Four – Adding The Cream and Matcha Powder
Once the drink has been poured, you can now add as much or as little cream as you desire.
Apply this in a circular motion. Next, you will want to sprinkle the matcha powder on top of the cream to give it a finishing touch.
We hope that you found this article useful. Now you can create this iconic and tasty Starbucks drink at home. It is such a quick and easy Frappuccino® to make but looks impressive.
Why not serve up these Frappuccino® to your friends and family at Halloween? We are sure they will love this drink. As it contains different fruit, it is healthier than many other Frappuccino® options too!
Join Our Good Brews Club
The GoodCoffeePlace was created to inform, educate and entertain.
One way of achieving these goals is to create a sense of community through a special and exclusive club we call the ‘Good Brews Club’.
Join our Good Brews Club for discounts, giveaways, a chance to win free coffee every month, best coffee recommendations, special deals, and much more…>>>Click to learn more
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.