What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup – Henry Rollins
Nespresso Vertuoline vs Evoluo which is best? If you are a fan of coffee pods then one of these two machines may be just what you are looking for.
Finding the perfect way to start your day is one of the most daunting challenges that any of us will ever face. Get it wrong, and it can create a domino effect that spills into, and spoils every, single moment. But if you get it right, it can turbo-charge each second and transform that day into something spectacular.
And if you take your coffee the Nespresso way, it doesn’t just taste good, it’ll help to give you the strength to face and overcome any, and all, adversity that your working day decides to put in your path.
Nespresso began, as so many things in life do, with a simple idea. They wanted to make every cup of coffee taste like it been freshly brewed by the best baristas, and then served in the most exclusive coffee shops in, the global coffee capital, Vienna.
It seemed like an impossible mission, but one that they were willing to put everything on the line to achieve, and over time, and following a lot of blood, sweat, and coffee, they fulfilled their objective.
Nespresso is a pioneer in the field of coffee pods and they have become one of the world’s leading manufacturers. A whole industry of coffee-making machines has grown up around them.
We thought it might be useful to take a closer look at two of Nespresso’s best-selling coffee machines in an effort to determine which was more suited to enabling the creation of the perfect day scenario.
By pitting them against each other in a coffee-inspired showdown, we thought that we might find a solution to the caffeine-related conundrum that has plagued, and continues to thwart, our grandest attempts to discover a definitive answer to the question “Which Nespresso Coffee Machine makes the perfect coffee to start my day with?”
While the answer to that question might not provide a clear-cut and conclusive resolution to a consummate way to start each new day, it would be the first, best step on the journey to solving it once and for all.
Nespresso Vertuoline Coffee and Espresso Machine
One of the flagship machines of the Nespresso Coffee Making fleet, the Vertuoline (sometimes shortened to Vertuo) is a dual-purpose caffeine delivery system.
Through the wonders of modern coffee making science, the Vertuoline was developed to work with a plethora of different coffee sizes and at the touch of a button can serve you an Espresso (one point three ounces), Double Espresso (2.7 ounces), Gran Lungo (5 ounces), standard Coffee (7 ounces) or a monstrously delicious, and always welcome Alto (14 ounces).
When they designed the Vertuoline, Nespresso fashioned an entirely new line of coffee pods to work with this flash of lightning brewing innovation. Using an entirely new way of making coffee, the Vertuoline operates via Nespresso’s avant-garde Centrifusion technology, which spins the specialist pods made for the Vertuoline at seven thousand revolutions per minute to ensure that every molecule of coffee they contain is used in the brewing process.
Finally putting to rest the idea that all coffee pods are the same, the Vertuoline recognizes the blends of coffee used in its purpose-designed pods by scanning and reading the unique barcodes they use to make a flawless cup of coffee whenever you need or want, it to.
It’s extra-large, up to fifty-four ounces, water container and correspondingly sized capsule container allows you to keep serving cup after cup of coffee without having to worry about refilling or emptying the Vertuoline, because sometimes all that you really want is another coffee without letting any of the ephemera associated with making it, to get in the way.
And when you want your coffee, you want it as quickly as possible. You don’t want to stand around twiddling your thumbs and be held hostage by boiling times and the frustration of waiting, which is why the Vertuoline crafts your coffee in less time than it takes an Olympian sprinter to cover two hundred meters. Fifteen seconds after you push the button, your coffee will be ready and waiting for you to drink.
Nespresso knows that sometimes you can get swept up at the moment, lose focus, and forget what you’re doing, and that’s why the Vertuoline has an energy-saving function that switches it off after nine minutes of inactivity.
It isn’t just energy efficient either, as it’s been made to complement the aesthetic of any modern kitchen and will sit comfortably and easily on any work surface or countertop.
And your initial foray into the world of coffee perfection? Nespresso has that covered too, as every new Vertuoline machine comes with a set of twelve Vertuo pods, each containing a distinctly different blend of coffee so that you find your own way to coffee heaven.
It may feel like your handing over the keys to your future and becoming solely dependent on Nespresso, as they’re the only company who make Vertuo pods if you invest in this machine, but isn’t it worth making that kind of sacrifice to guarantee that you’ll start each and every day with an impeccable cup of coffee?
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single-serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your Coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 ounce), Double Espresso (2.7 ounce), Gran Lungo (5 ounce), Coffee (7.7 ounce) and Alto (14 ounce). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single-serve Coffee or Espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion (TM) technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect crema for large Coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: Have the ability to create barista grade brewed single-serve Coffee or Espresso cups at the touch of a single button. The one-touch button mechanism delivers the best in-cup result for whatever style Coffee or Espresso drink you choose. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only.
- FEATURES: Extra-large 54 ounce water tank and a very large 17 count used capsule container. This machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 15 seconds meaning you will never have to wait too long for your favorite Coffee or Espresso drink to be ready. There is an energy-saving automatic shutoff at 9 minutes of inactivity.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a welcome kit with a range of Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles.
Last update on 2021-03-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Nespresso Evoluo Deluxe Coffee and Espresso Maker
As its name suggests, the Evoluo is the next step in the evolution of coffee-making machines. Nespresso, after designing, developing, and manufacturing their Vertuoline line of machines, used everything that they learned and discovered and instilled every last drop of knowledge into the Evoluo.
On the surface, and without the well-informed eye of the coffee connoisseur to closely examine both machines, the Evoluo may appear to almost identical to its forebear, the Vertuoline, in just about every way, but nothing could be further from the truth.
The Vertuoline was, in the annals of coffee perfectionists, overshadowed by complaints about the temperature at which it prepared and served coffee, so Nespresso took that to heart and vowed to correct their previous error.
After diligently working to perfect the issues that frustrated Vertuoline’s success, Nespresso unveiled the Evoluo, a coffee maker that embraced all of the elements that made the Vertuoline a success while correcting all of the flaws that hampered, and held, it back.
Using the same pods, the same pod recognition and Centrifusion technology, the same push-button simplicity, large water tank, and pod capacity, energy efficiency, and quick heat time as the Vertuoline, the Evoluo upped its coffee-making game with the addition of two, incredibly simple and very welcome features.
A milk frother, which allows you to create perfect foam (hot and cold) to add the piece de resistance to any coffee you make, and more refined temperature control which means its coffee is served at the exact heat it should be in order to always impart one hundred percent of its flavor.
When it comes to separating the Evoluo from the Veruoline, the only way to do it with any sort of clarity and sense of purpose is by listening to, and following the sage advice that a Corellian smuggler once gave a Princess.
It may not look like much, but it’s got it where it counts.
- Includes Aeroccino Plus milk frother: rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth; Items sold separately valued at $348
- New revolutionary Centrifusion technology to gently brew both Coffee and Espresso with one touch of a button
- Capsule recognition and code reading technology for blend-specific parametric brewing; Two capsule sizes, large for Coffee and small for Espresso
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; For use with Nespresso VertuoLine capsules only; Not compatible with Nespresso Original Line capsules
- Removable used capsule container holds 17 used capsules; Automatic off mode after 9 minutes of inactivity; Removable 54 oz. water tank
Last update on 2021-03-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Which Coffee Maker Will Make My Life Better?
For the casual coffee drinker, it probably doesn’t matter which machine is chosen, as both will serve equally well.
However, if you are a bit more discerning then it depends on how you like your coffee!
Do you like your milk perfectly frothed? Served as it should be on your coffee, whether hot or cold? If so, the Evoluo has the edge on the Vertuoline.
How hot do you like your coffee? The Evoluo was made to deliver it piping hot and ready to be sipped slowly and savored while the Vertuoline dispenses its coffee slightly cooler.
Whichever machine you decide to make your own, you’ll be embarking on a lifelong journey to coffee nirvana that will enrich your coffee experience and make each and every day that little bit better.
Please do NOT use stainless steel pods with your Vertuo machine, because there have been verified reports that the pods may damage the machine. Many thanks to Robert Ojima from Washington state, for pointing this out. We haven’t yet tried steel pods for any other Nespresso machine. Maybe you can let us know your experience by contacting us?