Thank you for visiting our site. This site is supported by our readers and members. We may earn commissions, at no cost to you, if you purchase products from retailers after clicking a link or advert from our site. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon. These commissions help keep this site going. Content may be curated. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We hope you enjoy our site!
When it comes to different types of coffee, iced coffee is one of the best. If you have ever tried the iced coconut milk latte from Starbucks, you will know how deliciously tasty it is. It is a great plant-based alternative, and is surprisingly easy to make at home.
In this article, we will be talking you through how you can recreate this iconic Starbucks drink at home, in just a few simple steps. Not only is this great to have as an occasional treat, it will also save you money in the long run too!
Before you begin you will want to ensure that you have all the ingredients that you need:
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- A handful of ice
- 1 shot of Starbucks coffee (either ground coffee of a capsule)
- Syrup, sugar syrup, sugar, or sweetener (optional)
As you can see, there are only a handful of ingredients you will need to make this copycat recipe.
If you want the coffee to taste as close to Starbucks own as possible, we would recommend using Starbucks coffee. You can choose to use one of their capsules if you own a capsule coffee machine, or you can use their ground coffee. If you prefer to use a different type of coffee, you can do this too.
Coconut milk will add a flavor and sweetness to your coffee, so it is down to personal preference whether you would like to add any additional sugars, syrups, or sweeteners to your iced latte.
Step One – Preparing The Coffee
The first step you will want to take is to brew the coffee. You can do this in a number of different ways, depending on the appliances you have.
The first thing you’ll want to do is brew your espresso coffee. You can use a Nespresso or Keurig pod machine and buy Starbucks espresso pods.
Sorry, it looks like the link has been broken!
If you don’t have a Nespresso Machine or Keurig machine then you can use your own espresso machine. Just buy blonde, light, or Starbucks Veranda blend roasted coffee beans, grind fine, and prepare one or two shots for your latte.
- BLONDE ROAST COFFEE: A vibrant single origin coffee with notes of citrus, brown sugar and a touch of dried strawberry.
- FRESH: One freshly roasted large 2.2 lb bag of whole bean espresso with an airtight zipper to close after opening.
- SUSTAINABLE: 100% top-quality Arabica coffee sustainably grown high in the Colombian Andes
- SMALL BATCH: Fire-roasted on our 1923 Jabez Burns Roaster in the Texas Hill Country
- ALL COFFEE BREWERS: Ideal for espresso makers, drip coffee machines, French presses, Aeropress, pour over, and moka pot
- Light Roast Coffee: Our Breakfast Blend light roast whole bean coffee is the perfect morning coffee to ease you into your day
- Sustainable Light Roast Coffee Beans: Our coffee is made with premium quality Arabica coffee beans from Central and South America. They are grown, sourced and packaged responsibly, after being roasted fresh in Seattle, USA
- Tasting Notes: Our Breakfast Blend coffee delivers a smooth flavor that brings together a brisk citrus taste with smooth aromatic notes of milk chocolate and cream
- Works With All Coffee Brewers: This classic whole bean light roast coffee is suitable for any good coffee machine: drip machines, espresso maker, French press, Aeropress, pour over and moka pot
- Real Good Coffee Co: With over 30 years’ experience of coffee sourcing and craft roasting in Seattle, we make coffee, real good coffee, it’s that simple
- Starbucks Veranda Blendâ„ Whole Bean Coffee (1lb)
- Subtle blend offers delicate nuances of soft cocoa and lightly toasted nuts
- Ethically sourced beans help build better future for farmers and climate
- High-quality packaging ensures completely fresh flavor
Last update on 2022-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You will want to try to avoid instant coffee as this will not give you the desired taste you will want. However, if you don’t have any coffee machine then certainly try this recipe with instant coffee!
Step Two – Cooling The Coffee
Once the coffee has been made, you will want to cool it as quickly as possible. As this is an iced coffee, you want the coffee to be as cold as possible before adding it to the coconut milk.
While you can allow the shot to cool down at room temperature. If you pour it over ice, this will speed up the process. You can even give the coffee a little shake to allow it to become as cold as possible.
Alternatively, you can place the coffee into the refrigerator for an hour or two before using it, if you prefer.
If you are going to be using granulated sugar or sweetener to sweeten your coffee, you will need to add it to the warm espresso shot and mix it in before cooling. If you are using syrups, this can be added later.
Step Three – Adding The Coffee
Next prepare a cup of coconut milk with a few ice cubes to the cup to keep it nice and cool. If you like your drink a little frothy then use a simple whisk to froth the milk and then add to ice cubes.
- EXECUTIVE SERIES PREMIUM GIFT MILK FROTHER: The Executive Series Milk Frother with our New and Improved Ultra Stand is the perfect gift for any occasion. Brighten up anyones' day with a perfect cup of Morning Coffee topped with Delectable and Velvety Froth with the Zulay Kitchen Executive Series Milk Frother with Ultra Stand. Easy to Use and Powerful, it creates creamy froth in seconds. Get that coffee shop experience in the comfort of your home by adding a special touch to your coffee.
- MAKE RICH, CREAMY FROTH IN SECONDS: We Coffee Lovers are serious when it comes to our Coffee. The Zulay Kitchen Executive Series Milk Frother gives you that professional finishing touch to your Latte, Cappuccino or Macchiato. Make delicious creamy froth for your drinks at home without a trip to your local Coffee Shop with your very own Executive Frother. The benefits of having your own electric whisk mixer are endless. You can make the very best latte in the comfort of your own home.
- EASY TO USE, CLEAN AND STORE: Our New and Improved Ultra Stand Frother easily produces Creamy, Foamy Goodness in seconds. Cleanup for this frother is even faster and easier. To Clean just put the whisk in hot running water and briefly turn it on – instantly Clean! When stored on a counter or table it sits nicely next to other coffee accessories. Our Powerful and Durable Hand-Held Milk Frother is powered by two AA batteries with a compact electric design that easily fits in a drawer.
- MATCHA MIXING, COFFEE & MORE: The Zulay Executive Series Milk Frother works better than a manual Matcha Whisk for making Matcha Tea and works far better than a fork or whisk for Coffee. It works perfectly for mixing Nutritious Protein Powder Drinks with NO additional container, blender or bottle shaker to wash. Use our Electric Mixer for your Whisking and Mixing needs. Give healthy shakes and smoothies a kick by adding powder or egg nog flavor and mixing.
- PROVEN AND TRUSTED QUALITY: At Zulay Kitchen we use only Premium Materials in designing and producing our products. The Construction will last, backed by our Zulay Guarantee to not rust or break, ever. Our Handheld Efficient Frother works on all types of Milk - Half and Half, Creamer, Soy, Almond, Cashew, Hazelnut, Whole Milk, and other dairy products such as butter or cream.
- Frothy - If you like your coffee topped by a fluffy cloud of foamy goodness, this easy-to-use coffee frother is for you. Perfect for all milk types - half-and-half, creamer, soy, almond, cashew, hazelnut, or whole milk. Forget costly trips to the local café
- Versatile - Your matcha has met its match(a)! Our versatile milk frother (handheld) expertly whisks a variety of beverages including protein shakes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, or powder drinks. This drink mixer will whip up a storm!
- Quality - With its ergonomic handle and premium stainless-steel whisk, this electric milk frother is reassuringly robust. Plus, once you've blended your beverage, this latte frother easily stores away on its sleek and sturdy stand. With this milk foamer, you can be your very own barista!.
- Easy Clean - Our electric frother not only elevates your coffee drinking experience, it also makes cleaning up a whizz too! With no extra sections to scrub, just run the hand frother whisk under hot water, and briefly turn on for an instant clean!
- Get In The Holiday Spirit - If you’re looking for a memorable stocking stuffer to gift someone this holiday season, look no further. This fun and unique electric frother makes for a great Christmas gift they’ll actually use..
Last update on 2022-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Take your chilled espresso shot and pour it on top of the coconut milk, and stir until they are all mixed together.
Alternatively, you can choose to add coconut milk to the espresso shot. It does not impact the taste of the coffee, whichever way you choose.
If you like you can add syrup or sugar to taste.
We hope you found this copycat recipe useful. It is super easy to recreate an Iced Coconut Milk Latte at home!
Here are some similar posts you may like.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.