Thank you for visiting our site. We have been a trusted and expert coffee authority for over five years. The support of our readers and members sustains our site. Should you purchase products from retailers through links or adverts on our site, we may earn commissions at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on Amazon. These commissions are vital in maintaining the operation of our site. We curate some content and strive to provide valuable links to some of the best places on the internet. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We trust you will enjoy our site!
Amora Coffee is a good coffee place. Why? They are a small team of coffee (and tea) lovers focusing on directly delivering the highest coffee quality to your door. Amora Coffee also supports bringing clean water and sanitation to over 10,000 people in the remote Jabi Tehnan district of Ethiopia.
Amora Coffee has proudly roasted coffee in the USA for over 10 years, using quality coffee beans and a 9-stage roasting process.
Amora Coffee and Santa Barbara UPDATE 2023
Amora Coffee has now become part of the Santa Barbara Coffee Roasting company.
Unfortunately, the roaster at Amora Coffee passed away, and Santa Barbara has taken over their roasting business.
Santa Barbara has been a family-owned business for over 30 years and is committed to hand-crafted coffee ‘as fresh as fresh can be.’
Who is Amora Coffee?
The Amora Coffee Company was founded in 2011 by Jim Fosina. The story goes that Jim was visiting a small coffee roaster and experienced the fresh flavorful fragrance of roasted coffee.
From that moment, Jim was hooked.
Jim wanted to ship the coffee beans right after they are roasted so that you can relish the peak freshness window of the beans and enjoy their great aromas and taste.
Consequently, Amora Coffee’s mission is to bring freshly roasted coffee to all Americans. They make a wide variety of roast coffee with flavors that suit any coffee lover. They supply and deliver fresh coffee direct to your door in about two days for most states.
Remember, that the coffee beans you purchase from the stores may only be a shadow of their former self and have probably lost some of their original roast flavor, freshness, and taste. That is why freshly roasted coffee is best!
Amora Coffee is located in Montgomery. Alabama. USA.
The Coffees Made by Amora Coffee
All the coffees are freshly roasted and hand-packed in foil-lined bags to protect the flavor and aroma. The coffees are not available in any other store. If you want Amora Coffee then you need to buy it from Amora Coffee.
If you like aromatic, fresh coffee with classic flavors shipped directly to you then Amora Coffee should be on your list.
The grind size of most of the coffees is about medium grind which is better for drip coffee machines and pour-over coffee machines.
Most of the coffees are blends with light, medium, dark, and espresso roast profiles. Amora Coffees include…
- Five original blends – Elegante, Vigorosi, Espresso, Intenso, and Delicata.
- Two fair trade organic blends – Medium Roast Sumatra Permato Gayo and Dark Roast Sumatra Permato Gayo.
- Twelve flavored blends including Caramal Vanilla Coffee, French Vanilla Coffee, Chocolate Truffle Coffee, Hazelnut Cinnamon Coffee, Birthday Cake, Southern Pecan Coffee, Blueberry coffee, Chocolate Cherry Coffee, Peppermint Mocha, Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Pumpkin Spice Coffee, and Cinnamon Spice Coffee.
- Specialty Blend Coffees include Hawaiin Coffee Blend, Dark Sensation Coffee Blend, Peaberry Blend from Tanzania, Guatemalan El Pacayal Coffee Blend, Anniversary Blend, and Cold Brew.
- Seasonal Flavored Coffees as they become available throughout the year.
- Bundles. The bundles offer a bit more value because you are essentially buying two or more coffees at a discount. You can also bundle coffee with a drip coffee machine.
All coffees are Arabica coffee. Most of the coffees are available in ground coffee and whole bean. Most of the original and flavored coffee blends cost around $14.95 per 8 oz bag. The Fair Trade blends are about $22.95 per 12 oz bag. The Specialty Blend Coffees are about $16.50 per 10 oz bag.
Amora Coffee also now offers various teas. However, since this is a coffee site we will just review the coffee!
Let us look at some of these coffees in a bit more detail.
Amora Original Coffee Blends
Amora’s five original blends are very popular with their customers and receive rave reviews. We will look at two of the most popular original blends.
Elegante is a favorite coffee blend with 4 to 5-star reviews from over 250 satisfied customers.
Elegante is a blend of medium roasted Indonesian and South American coffee beans. The coffee has excellent sweetness and a syrupy body with a complex finish.
This medium roast is less sweet than a light roast but offers more body and lower acidity.
Here are what some varified customers say about the Elegante coffee blend…
Christina M…The Elegance Coffee blend is very nice smooth tasting
Cora G…One of my favs!
Brittany S…Exactly what it’s says.. a basic blend but taste like heaven
We were so impressed with the Elegante coffee that we offered it to Good Brews Newsletter subscribers in our May 2022 Coffee Giveaway.
Vigorosi is another favorite coffee blend with 4 to 5-star reviews from over 190 satisfied customers.
Vigorosi is a medium-dark blend of East African and South American coffee beans offering balanced sweet acidity complemented by a bittersweet chocolate and nutty finish.
This medium-dark roast offers a smoky sweetness, intense flavor, and a thin body and mouthfeel.
Here are what some verified customers say about the Vigorosi…
Kathleen G…I love the Amora Vigorosi Blend!!! Delivery is excellent, the coffee is the freshest possible!!!
Ashley M…The aroma was rich and earthy from the moment it was ground: a perfect prelude to the taste.
Of course, some reviews aren’t as flattering but these are relatively minor compared to the overwhelmingly good reviews. You can’t please everyone!
Amora Flavored Coffee Blends
Amora’s flavored coffee blends offer a range often not seen in other coffee roasters. They are very popular with their customers and receive great reviews. We will look at two of the most popular flavored coffee blends.
Caramel Vanilla Coffee Blend
The Caramel Vanilla Coffee Blend has 4 to 5-star reviews from over 230 satisfied customers.
It has a rich and buttery candy-like caramel coffee flavor with flavors of brown sugar and sweet molasses. A swirl of pure bittersweet vanilla adds a sophisticated finish.
This medium roast is a rich buttery caramel flavor and a smooth vanilla finish.
Here are what some verified customers say about the Caramel Vanilla Blend…
Celia C…Great flavor
Jeanne H…Excellent !!! Makes great iced coffee.
Linda B…Great coffee with medium tastes of vanilla and caramel. Excellent dessert coffee or for any time of day
Chocolate Truffle Coffee
The Chocolate Truffle Coffee Blend has 4 to 5-star reviews from over 150 satisfied customers.
It has an irresistible chocolate temptation loaded with creamy fudge notes and intense dark chocolate candy bar appeal.
Here are what some varified customers say about the Chocolate Truffle Coffee Blend…
Sheila C…Great coffee. My favorite!
Waseme O…Tastes great; like your eating chocolate candy. Strong flavor.
Heather J…I LOVE THIS COFFEE! Smells wonderful while it brewing, and the taste is just as good as the fragrance.
Specialty Coffee Blends
Amora’s Speciality Blend Coffees are the result of selecting the finest coffee crops from around the world, at the time they are harvested, to ensure a level of taste and aroma that will delight your taste buds.
We will look at two of the most popular specialty coffee blends.
Hawaiian Elegance Coffee Blend
The Hawaiian Elegance Blend combines the best beans of the Hawaiian islands to produce a coffee blend that highlights local flavors while filling you with thoughts of a tropical paradise.
This blend is less sweet than a light roast but offers more body and lower acidity. The Hawaiian Coffee Blend is a true medium-dark roast that begins to offer a more intense flavor than a traditional medium roast.
The Hawaiin Elegance Blend has 4 to 5-star reviews from over 34 customers.
Here are what some verified customers say about the Hawaiin Elegance Coffee Blend…
Jeanne D…I loved the Kona coffee in Hawaii when I was on vacation with my husband for our 10th anniversary. This coffee reminds of our beautiful vacation! Ahh the memories!
Patricia Z…Love the Hawaiian Coffee Blend. We enjoy it every morning.
Dark Sensation Coffee Blend
The Dark Sensation Coffee Blend is roasted to perfection with a blend of 100% Arabica Beans from Central and South America. The aromatic intensity specific to the dark roasting process captivates your senses from the first sip.
This dark roast offers a smoky sweetness, intense flavor, and a thin body and mouthfeel.
The Dark Sensation Coffee Blend has 4 to 5-star reviews from over 34 customers.
Here are what some verified customers say about the Dark Sensation Coffee Blend…
Willian S…I drink this when I really need a boost – love it!!
Polly M…Good flavor not bitter
Lisa A…The Dark Sensation coffee is by far the best, in my opinion. I have tried different blends and this particular one is the best!
Amora Coffee Subscription and Rewards
Amora offers a rewarding coffee subscription service.
You can choose how much coffee and how often you would like to receive after subscribing.
Your Amora Subscription will include the Special Edition Coffees and Seasonal Flavored Coffees as they become available throughout the year.
Here is what Amora says about the subscription terms…
As a member of Amora Coffee, we will continue to deliver freshly roasted coffee to your door. We will always email you a few days in advance of your upcoming shipment as a reminder to make any changes you’d like in your next shipment.
Amora will continue to charge the card you provide for future reoccurring shipments at $14.95 per bag plus s/h but you can skip any shipment or cancel your subscription altogether any time simply by visiting AmoraCoffee.com where you can log into your online dashboard or by calling, chatting or emailing with our customer concierges 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Some time ago Amora ran into some problems with their marketing offers and coffee subscription terms. The nature of complaints was about the transparency of the subscription terms and discontent about billing/collection issues.
According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB business profile), Amora Coffee had 97 customer complaints in the last 3 years but these were satisfactorily closed. That is, complaints were seemingly satisfactorily resolved between the customers and Amora Coffee.
Amora Coffee has a rating of 3.39/5 from 215 customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau website. This is pretty good considering that most people go to the Better Business Bureau to make a complaint.
Amora coffee has changed for the better due to responding to complaints. Indeed, it is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has an outstanding A+ rating.
The terms for the subscription service are clearly written in their terms of service and you should always read the terms of service before subscribing to anything!
You can earn reward points towards free gifts and discounts on Amora products. You are rewarded with one point for each dollar you spend on the site. However, if you subscribe you are awarded 2 points.
You can also earn rewards by creating an account that gives you 25 points, like Amora on Facebook (5 points), follow on Instagram (5 points), sign up for SMS notifications (15 points), and sign up for texts (15 points).
You can redeem your reward points for various gifts and accessories including a travel mug, a coffee maker, and a bag of coffee.
Pros and Cons of Amora Coffee Subscription
Pros of Amora Coffee Subscription
- Amora ships freshly roasted coffee direct to your door.
- You can choose from a wide variety of coffee roasts and flavors.
- You can customize your subscription in terms of your coffee selection and shipping frequency.
- Coffee is available as whole beans or coffee grounds.
- Choice of caffeinated or decaffeinated coffees.
- A Cold Brew coffee is available.
- You receive special edition coffees only for customers when they become available
- You can earn reward points as a subscriber for your purchases of coffee, for liking on social media, for signing up for SMS, and for signing up for text.
- You can redeem reward points for various gifts, accessories, or bags of coffee.
- Ordering is a simple and logical process on Amora Coffee’s website.
- Amora has a 30-day return policy. If you are not 100% satisfied with a particular coffee then you can return it within 30 days and they will gladly replace it or provide a full refund less the shipping and handling cost.
- You can also buy tea from Amora Coffee.
Cons of Amora Coffee Subscription
- No single origin coffees
- Shipping charges
- Only a single cold brew is offered
- Only brief information is offered about the coffee bean origins.
- Amora coffee is available in the U.S., Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
- Special offers are only available for new Amora® customers.
- You can also buy tea from Amora Coffee (this is a little joke because we are coffee lovers. We aren’t against tea…we just like coffee better).
Amora coffee is an excellent coffee roaster that offers a range of flavorful coffee. It is responsive to customer needs and has a 100% guarantee with a 30-day return policy. Amora Coffee has satisfied customers who mostly leave 4 to 5-star reviews. Amora has a flexible subscription service and a customer rewards program. Give them a try!
What Does The Word Amora Mean?
According to Wikipedia (with our additional comments) Amora may refer to:
- A given name. And this is probably what Amora is when we talk about Amora Coffee.
- Amoraim (singular: Amora), Jewish scholars in ancient Babylonia and the Land of Israel. Amora Coffee is in the Land of the Free.
- Amora Mautner (born 1975), a Brazilian TV director. Good director but not associated with Amora Coffee as far as we know.
- Daniel Lopes Amora (born 1987), a Brazilian footballer. Good footballer (i.e. soccer player) but again probably not associated with Amora coffee.
- Amora (mustard), French manufacturer of Dijon mustard. Nope, not mustard Amora Coffee is coffee!
- Amora (Seixal), a parish and town near Lisbon, Portugal. A lovely little town in Portugal but Amora Coffee is in Montgomery Alabama USA.
- Foros de Amora, a locality within Amora (Seixal). Same as above.
- Amora F.C., a Portuguese football club. The Amora Futebol Clube (Portuguese spelling), commonly known as simply as Amora, is a Portuguese sports club from the city of Amora, Setúbal.
- Amora, a trademark of moissanite, a silicon carbide mineral. Amora’s coffee may be a gem but at least you can drink it.
- Amora, a sorceress known as the Enchantress (Marvel Comics). Yeah, you can get some magic from Amora Coffee too.
- Amora London, a European touring exhibition dedicated to love, relationships and sexual wellbeing. Amora Coffee can provide you a sense of wellbeing but the sexual bit is up to you.
Similar posts you may like include…