Thank you for visiting our site. This site is supported by our readers and members. We may earn commissions, at no cost to you, if you purchase products from retailers after clicking a link or advert from our site. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon. These commissions help keep this site going. Content may be curated. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We hope you enjoy our site!
Caramel iced coffee is a fun and tasty way to get your daily dose of caffeine. Sure, you can buy one from your nearest Starbucks, but if you are not one to wait in long lines and want to save a bit of money, then a homemade caramel iced coffee is the way to go.
Preparing this flavorful coffee for just a fraction of the price of a coffeehouse drink is super simple and quick. And yet, its silky texture and perfectly balanced taste are unmatched.
Unlike a café-bought coffee, this homemade recipe gives you the satisfaction of knowing what’s in your drink and lets you modify the recipe according to your taste.
Here, we will share a few of our favorite recipes that you can follow to make yourself a delicious cup of iced caramel coffee.
About Our Recipe
An Iced caramel coffee is equal parts tasty and refreshing. Aside from acting as your morning companion, you can also enjoy this chilled beverage as a dessert. Drizzle it with caramel syrup and sprinkle some chocolate chips; you are good to go!
Our recipe guarantees mouthwatering results and requires only a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time.
So, the next time you make your caramel iced coffee, take it to work in a nice go-to cup, and let the summer breeze blow through your hair while you wave at everyone standing in the long drive-through queue!
What Do You Need?
- Milk: You can go for any milk that you usually use. For a more decadent beverage, use cream or half and half.
- Instant Coffee OR espresso coffee: The amount of coffee depends on how strong you like your drink. You can also add a few espresso shots to amp up the flavor.
- Caramel: Any store-bought caramel sauce would work. And if by any chance, you make your own sauce, you can use that, too!
- Ice: Obviously.
- Optional: We mean, who has ever gone wrong with whipped cream?
How to Make an Iced Caramel Coffee at Home
- First and foremost, freshly brew your coffee and let it cool to your desired temperature.
- You can also use a cold brew coffee. If you are interested in making your own cold brew coffee, NPR has a straightforward approach that works excellently for salted caramel cream cold brews.
- Add ice to a tall glass.
- Using a large spoon or chopstick, whisk the coffee and caramel syrup together until the caramel completely dissolves. Pour the mixture over the ice.
- Now, add your preferred dairy or non-dairy cream (more on that below), and whisk a little more.
- If you prefer something fancier, you can garnish your coffee with some sprinkles, vanilla syrup, whipped cream, or extra caramel sauce.
Difference Between a Caramel Syrup and Caramel Sauce
The words “syrup” and “sauce” may sound similar to a coffee newbie. However, they are pretty different.
Looking around your local coffee shop, you will find large pump bottles filled with transparent liquid. This liquid is simple syrup, and your barista uses it to support the flavor of nearly all beverages. When preparing your order, baristas usually add syrups to your cup immediately.
Once they finish making the drink, they use the sauce for the final decoration, often caramel drizzle on top of whipped cream.
In our recipe, the caramel iced coffee is made with caramel syrup and coated with caramel sauce.
Is It Possible to Recreate This Iced Caramel Coffee with Substitute Milk?
The answer is a resounding yes! You can prepare your iced caramel coffee using dairy or non-dairy milk. Whatever you find in your fridge will work just fine. This recipe works with soy milk, oat milk, almond milk, or any other substitute!
And if you prefer to keep your drink completely dairy-free, you can skip the whipped cream and swap it with a non-dairy alternative.
Our Unique Trick to Enhancing Flavor
Want to take this sweet treat up a notch? Add a pinch of sea salt. In our opinion, everything sweet requires a pinch of salt to neutralize the flavor, and what is a better way to do it than sea salt? Salted caramel simply tastes the best!
The Amazing Dunkin Caramel Iced Coffee
The caramel swirl iced coffee is a popular item on the Dunkin’ Donuts menu. A chilled Dunkin Iced Caramel Coffee is an excellent way to cool yourself off in the summer heat. It is creamy and sweet and has enough caffeine to help you kick start your day.
What Exactly Is a Caramel Swirl Iced Coffee?
A caramel swirl iced coffee is a fancy name for regular caramel iced coffee, except the caramel sauce is playfully drizzled around the glass rim, so it falls graciously over the coffee-milk mixture, infusing its unique caramel flavor.
We recommend making your caramel-swirled iced coffee at home to save yourself from the hassle of driving and spending your hard-earned money.
This caramel-swirled coffee recipe is our favorite since it contains just the right balance of coffee and caramel (not too bitter nor too sweet). And its high caffeine content can energize you and wake you up within seconds.
It isn’t wrong to say that our caramel-swirled coffee recipe truly replicates the original Dunkin Donuts version.
This caramel-swirled iced coffee recipe is extremely easy and quick to make. And once you get used to it, there is no going back!
How to Make a Dunkin Donuts’ Iced Swirled Caramel Coffee at Home
- Your favorite coffee
- Caramel sauce
- Milk of your choice
- Optional: whipped cream
- Fill each glass with 1/4 cup of caramel sauce and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Pour 1/4 cup of coffee into the glass and gently mix it with the caramel and sugar using a spoon. Continue doing this until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the ice cubes.
- Next, add 1/4 cup of milk to each cup and fill the remaining portion with coffee. Do not overfill.
- Top your coffee with whipped cream and “swirl” the caramel syrup in the glass.
- Serve it cold, and enjoy!
Some Variations That You Can Add
- For a unique vanilla-caramel flavor taste, add one teaspoon of vanilla extract to your hot coffee mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt or sea salt to your iced coffee to reduce the bitter taste and give you a delicious salted caramel iced coffee.
- Replace the milk with a dairy-free alternative and use coconut whipped cream to make your coffee beneficial and healthy.
Do You Need Any Special Equipment to Make an Iced Caramel Latte?
No, a standard coffee maker is the only equipment you need to make this drink. Sure, you can use a cold brew or bottled coffee, but the hot brew of the coffee maker dissolves the ingredients fast and brings out their flavor. It also ensures that your drink does not end up grainy.
What Type of Caramel Is Best to Use for Caramel Coffee?
You can use any type of caramel you like. Many prefer caramel ice cream syrups since they are easy to pour. But if you want your coffee rich and heavy, dense caramel or hand-made caramel is a great option.
Here are some highly rated caramel sauces you can use for your iced coffee
Ghirardelli Caramel Flavored Sauce 17 oz. Squeeze Bottle (Pack of 2)
Torani Puremade Sauce, Caramel, 16.5 Ounces(Pack of 4)
Jordan's Skinny Gourmet Syrups Sugar Free, Caramel, 25.4-Ounce
Iced caramel coffee is undoubtedly a drink for every coffee lover. Whether you want a breakfast drink or an after-dinner dessert, this beverage has you covered. So, what are you waiting for? Unleash your inner barista and beat the heat with our homemade iced caramel coffee recipes!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the coffee-to-water ratio for iced coffee?
You can vary the coffee-to-water ratio to suit your taste. One shot of espresso is enough for at least 1 cup of iced coffee. This will give you a nice, strong cup that’s not too sweet or bitter. You can also vary the ice add more if you want your drink colder and weaker add less if you want your drink stronger.
Does Dunkin use caramel sauce or syrup?
Dunkin’ uses a caramel flavoring in their caramel iced coffee. This flavoring is made with sugar, water, and natural and artificial flavors. (thecommonscafe.com)
What brand of caramel does Starbucks use?
Starbucks uses its own brand of caramel syrup and sauce for its beverages. However, they are believed to be manufactured by Fontana. The caramel syrup is primarily made of sugar and water that has been cooked to caramelize. The caramel sauce mainly comprises butter, cream, water, and sugar. (starbmag)
How many pumps are in a caramel iced coffee?
This depends upon the size of your drink. Usually, 1 pump for about 1 cup. The bigger the drink the bigger the pump. Also, you pump for how you want your drink to taste.
How do you make the perfect iced coffee?
There is no perfect recipe for iced coffee or any other coffee for that matter. A ‘perfect’ coffee depends upon your individual taste. Taste is subjective and differs from person to person. Follow our recipe and if it doesn’t suit your taste then change it up, explore, experiment, and make it taste ‘perfect’ for you!
Is iced coffee just coffee with ice cubes?
Not necessarily. You can add milk, syrups, ice cream, cream, and other flavors to your iced coffee.
How do you make your own iced coffee?
Just follow our recipe to make your own iced coffee at home and enjoy!
Does caramel coffee have caffeine?
Yes, caramel coffee does have caffeine.
How much caffeine is in a caramel coffee?
The amount of caffeine depends on how much coffee you use to make your iced coffee. The caffeine level also depends upon the original coffee beans, the coffee grind, the brew method and variables such as temperature.
Similar Posts You May Like
Similar Posts from Top Sites Around The World
If you don’t like our caramel iced coffee recipe then take a look at the recipes from some of the top sites from around the world…
- Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe – Foxes Love Lemons – Simple to stir up and so refreshing to drink, this homemade caramel iced coffee recipe is a treat any time of the day, year ’round! (foxeslovelemons.com)
- Caramel Iced Coffee • Pancake Recipes – Making caramel iced coffee at home is a smart way to enjoy a fancy drink for a fraction of the cost of your local coffee shop! (pancakerecipes.com)
- Best Easy Caramel Iced Coffee – Creamy, Full of Flavor – Want gourmet coffee but don’t want to spend alot of cash? This Caramel Iced Coffee is creamy & delicious-just as good if not better than your local coffee shop! (dailydishrecipes.com)
- Caramel Iced Coffee: Easy Recipe! – Coffee Affection – Wondering how to make caramel iced coffee? It’s easy, affordable, and totally delicious. Here are the simple steps! (coffeeaffection.com)
- Easy Caramel Iced Coffee – Bright-Eyed Baker – Make a sweet, creamy caramel iced coffee at home with this easy recipe. It’s guaranteed to save you time and money, and tastes just as good! (brighteyedbaker.com)
- Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe- 3 Ingredients! – One Sweet Appetite – This easy caramel iced coffee uses only 3 ingredients and will have you feeling like a barista in minutes! Sweet perfection! (onesweetappetite.com)
- Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee | Food Faith Fitness – This Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee tastes better than the coffee shop and is SO easy to make! Paleo and vegan friendly and gluten/grain/dairy free! (foodfaithfitness.com)
- Small Iced Caramel Coffee: McCafé® | McDonald’s – Our Iced Caramel Coffee recipe features premium-roast coffee & buttery caramel syrup. Order a McCafé® Iced Caramel Coffee at a McDonald’s near you! (mcdonalds.com)
- Creamy Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe | Ninja® | Ninja Coffee Bar® with Glass Carafe CF080 – Creamy Caramel Iced Coffee is easy to make using your favorite Ninja® appliances. Discover delicious and inspiring recipes from Ninja® for every meal. (ninjakitchen.com)
- Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe | olivemagazine – Follow expert barista Celeste Wong’s step-by-step guide to making the perfect version of this sweet and decadent iced coffee with caramel sauce (olivemagazine.com)
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.