Never a dull moment in the coffee world!
There’s never a dull moment in the exciting world of coffee and we hope to bring you some of the latest news out there. We aggregate the top coffee news from some of the most trusted sources. Each news item includes the source, a brief description, and the author (if any). All of this is so you can quickly see what is happening in the ‘coffee space’, in one place, the Good Coffee Place! 🙂
Please note that some news items may contain affiliate links. This means that when you click on the item we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you.
- Specialty Coffee Pros Joel Shuler and Todd Arnette Join Coffee Quality Institute by Nick Brown (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on June 3, 2020
The Coffee Quality Institute (CQI) has announced the addition of two key staff members: Coffee processing expert Joel Shuler, and longtime specialty coffee professional Todd Arnette. Both Shuler and Arnette...
- Lavazza-Made Documentary ‘Coffee Defenders’ to Begin Streaming This Week by Howard Bryman (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on June 3, 2020
Italian coffee giant Lavazza has taken to the virtual silver screen for an ambitious documentary movie highlighting sustainability initiatives in Colombia’s post-conflict coffeelands. Called “Coffee Defenders: A Path From Coca...
- Support These Black-Owned Coffee Companies [Updating] by Sprudge Staff (Sprudge) on June 2, 2020
An updating list of Black-owned coffee businesses you can support now.
- Disrupciones en la cadena de valor del café resaltan la necesaria colaboración para salvar los cafés especiales by Chad Trewick and Aelish Brown (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on June 2, 2020
A medida que el pánico inicial sobre COVID-19 comienza a disminuir y las compañías de café comienzan a ver más allá de sus preocupaciones inmediatas, los vendedores y compradores de...
- Global Coffee Prices Fall for Second Straight Month, ICO Reports by Nick Brown (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on June 1, 2020
Global coffee prices on the commodities markets fell for the second month straight, amplifying economic uncertainty for coffee producers as the current coffee price crisis lingers into its third year....
- The DCN Guide to Online Coffee Events: June 2-8 by Daily Coffee News Staff (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on June 1, 2020
Welcome to DCN’s weekly roundup of coffee events! Hosting an online event that’s free or nearly free to attend? Let us know here. Due to an overwhelming number of requests and...
- Coffee Businesses Respond in Solidarity Amidst US Protests by Nick Brown (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on June 1, 2020
As protests emerged in dozens of cities throughout the United States this weekend following the killing of George Floyd led by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, many coffee businesses have...
- From Indiana, Specialty Roaster Botz Coffee Beguiles with Roast Profiles by Howard Bryman (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on June 1, 2020
The robots may be coming for coffee, although behind every ‘bot there’s at least one even better human. This is certainly the case with Botz Coffee, whose crudely lovable robot...
- We Can’t Write About Coffee Today by Jordan Michelman (Sprudge) on June 1, 2020
Police and prosecutorial reform must happen now and they must happen unequivocally.
- Austin-Based LeverCraft Coffee Unveils the Ultra Grinder by Howard Bryman (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on May 29, 2020
Austin, Texas-based LeverCraft Coffee — an espresso gear junkie’s paradise from the beginning — has begun rolling out a machine of its own over which to obsess. The company has...
- A Chat with Janina Grabs on the New Book ‘Selling Sustainability Short’ by Nick Brown (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on May 29, 2020
Can private certification standards truly bring about more sustainable production practices? This is the question at the center of Dr. Janina Grabs‘ forthcoming book, Selling Sustainability Short? The Private Governance of...
- The Sound And Fury Of The Bravo Brewer by Zac Cadwalader (Sprudge) on May 28, 2020
Let's get weird.
- Barbarossa Coffee Drops Anchor with Second Houston-Area Shop by Howard Bryman (Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine) on May 28, 2020
Ottoman Navy Admiral Hayreddin Barbarossa fought and won many battles in the 1500s to help expand the Ottoman Empire. In present-day Texas, outside Houston, Barbarossa Coffee will face its own...
- Noa Berger: The Sprudge Twenty Interview by Sprudge Staff (Sprudge) on May 28, 2020
We interview 2020 Sprudge Twenty class member Noa Berger.
- A “Higher Grounds” Film Update by Zac Cadwalader (Sprudge) on May 27, 2020
More information about the film has come to light.
- A Better Table Episode Two: Coffee Labor Shortages With Kim Elena Ionescu by Sprudge Staff (Sprudge) on May 27, 2020
Host Umeko Motoyoshi interviews SCA Chief Sustainability and Knowledge Development Officer Kim Elena Ionescu.
- Buy! Buy! Sell! Sell! These Coffee Stocks Are On The Move by Zac Cadwalader (Sprudge) on May 26, 2020
Coffee stocks are hot hot hot.
- Kendra Sledzinski: The Sprudge Twenty Interview by Sprudge Staff (Sprudge) on May 26, 2020
We interview 2020 Sprudge Twenty class member Kendra Sledzinski.
- Online Coffee Events Happening This Week by Zachary Carlsen (Sprudge) on May 26, 2020
Online coffee events for the week of May 26th through 31st.
- An Interview With Coffee-Loving Hip Hop Artist Propaganda by Zac Cadwalader (Sprudge) on May 22, 2020
Propaganda's new video “If Coffee Were A Man” is out now.