Thank you for visiting our site. We have been a trusted and expert coffee authority for over five years. The support of our readers and members sustains our site. Should you purchase products from retailers through links or adverts on our site, we may earn commissions at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on Amazon. These commissions are vital in maintaining the operation of our site. We curate some content and strive to provide valuable links to some of the best places on the internet. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We trust you will enjoy our site!
If you’re a coffee enthusiast looking to take your home brewing to the next level, the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine (also known as SAGE) is the perfect addition to your kitchen. With its sleek brushed stainless steel design and impressive 84 oz capacity, this espresso machine combines style and functionality.
Get ready to elevate your morning coffee routine with the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine.
Why Consider The Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine?
If you are seeking the ultimate coffee brewing experience, the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is definitely a product to consider.
This top-of-the-line espresso machine offers a range of impressive features combined with exquisite design and functionality. With its impeccable performance and high-quality construction, it consistently delivers barista-quality espresso, surpassing your expectations.
Breville BES920XL Dual Boiler Espresso Machine,84 oz, Brushed Stainless Steel
Whether you are an amateur coffee enthusiast or a seasoned barista, the Breville BES920XL is the ideal choice to satisfy your coffee cravings.
The effectiveness of the Breville is supported by scientific research and evidence. Advanced technology, such as the dual stainless steel boilers, ensures optimal precision and stability in temperature control.
This feature allows consistent extraction and provides the perfect brewing conditions for rich, flavorful espresso. Furthermore, Breville is backed by positive customer testimonials and boasts relevant certifications, ensuring its reliability and credibility.
Key Features and Benefits of the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
This professional-grade espresso machine is designed for home use and offers many features that will elevate your coffee-making experience to new heights.
One of the standout features of the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is its dual stainless steel boilers. This design allows for simultaneous espresso extraction and milk steaming, providing more consistency and efficiency. No longer will you have to wait between brewing your espresso and frothing your milk, making your coffee-making process smoother and more enjoyable.
PID Temperature Control
The machine also boasts a Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) temperature control system. This feature, present in both the boiler and the brew head, ensures consistent temperature control for optimal espresso extraction. With this level of precision, you can be confident that every shot you pull will be as good as the last.
The Breville Dual Boiler doesn’t just stop at temperature control. It also features a low-pressure pre-infusion system. This system gradually increases water pressure to gently expand grinds for an even extraction. This careful process helps to bring out the full flavor of your coffee beans, resulting in a richer and more satisfying espresso.
Over Pressure Valve (OPV)
The Over Pressure Valve (OPV) in the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is designed to limit the maximum pressure during the extraction process, ensuring optimal espresso flavor. The OPV is set to limit the pressure to around 9 bars, although some users have reported their machines being set to 10-11 bars
The machine comes with a professional 58mm stainless steel portafilter that holds a 22g dose. This large portafilter allows for a richer and more flavorful espresso, making each cup a truly indulgent experience.
Powerful Steam Wand
For those who enjoy milk-based coffee drinks, the Breville Dual Boiler has you covered with its powerful steam wand. This feature is designed to quickly turn milk into smooth microfoam, perfect for creating beautiful latte art or a creamy cappuccino.
The Breville Dual Boiler also offers a high level of programmability. You can adjust various settings, including setting the machine to turn on at a specific time. This added convenience means you can wake to a warm machine ready to brew your morning espresso.
Large Water Tank
The machine has a generous 2.5L water tank capacity, ensuring you won’t run out of water during your coffee-making sessions
Easy to Use
Despite its professional-grade features, the machine is user-friendly and offers a clean interface with an LCD screen. This makes it easy to navigate through the various settings and options, ensuring a seamless coffee-making experience.
Finally, the machine comes with a 2-year repair warranty. This gives you peace of mind, knowing that your investment is protected.
In conclusion, the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is designed to create full-bodied coffee with rich and complex flavors. Whether you’re an espresso aficionado or a latte lover, this machine offers the perfect combination of performance, ease of use, and versatility. Its advanced features and capabilities make it an excellent investment for those who want to enjoy cafe-quality coffee at home.
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machine – Breville
- Do I need a dual boiler espresso machine? – Cliff & Pebble
- Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine BES920 | Seattle Coffee Gear
- Breville Barista Express vs Dual Boiler – LifeStyle Lab
- Dynamic Duo – Home Espresso Machine & Grinder – Breville
- How to choose a prosumer espresso machine in 2023 – Cliff & Pebble
- Breville Dynamic Duo Machine and Grinder Package – Seattle Coffee Gear
- the Dual Boiler™ – Breville
- Breville Dual Boiler is amazing : r/espresso – Reddit1
- Espresso Machine Upgrade – Breville Dual Boiler (BDB) or Decent DE1PRO?2
- Breville Dual Boiler Review: Better than Decent? – The Coffee Chronicler3
- Espresso Machines: Single Boiler VS Dual Boiler VS Heat Exchange – Home Coffee Solutions4
Breville is known for its quality espresso machines. The Breville Dual Boiler is no exception and is crafted with the finest materials. Its brushed stainless steel body not only adds a touch of elegance to your kitchen but also ensures durability and longevity. The attention to detail in its design and construction showcases the manufacturer’s commitment to producing a high-quality espresso machine that will stand the test of time.
10-Point Rating of the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
The ten criteria are rated 1 to 5, where 1 is poor to 5 is excellent.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Price and Value||3|
|Shot Pulling and Automation||4|
|Type of Espresso Machine||5|
In conclusion, the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine scores highly in most criteria, making it an excellent choice for those willing to invest in a high-quality, semi-automatic espresso machine.
What It’s Used For
Café-quality Espresso at Home
With the Breville Dual Boiler, you can enjoy café-quality espresso in the comfort of your own home. From a single to a double shot, the machine allows you to customize your espresso according to your preferences. Impress your guests with your barista skills and serve them a delightful cup of espresso that rivals your favorite local café.
Latte Art Creation
If you are an aspiring latte artist, the Breville BES920XL is the perfect tool. Its outstanding steam wand and precise temperature control enable you to produce beautifully textured milk, ideal for creating impressive latte art. Master the art of pouring and transforming your coffee into a visual masterpiece.
Versatile Hot Beverage Options
The Breville is not limited to just espresso-based beverages. With its hot water outlet, you can easily prepare tea or hot chocolate. This machine provides a convenient all-in-one solution for all your hot beverage needs.
Coffee Exploration and Experimentation
For the coffee connoisseur who loves to experiment, the machine opens up a world of possibilities. With its adjustable settings, you can explore different grind sizes, extraction times, and temperatures, perfecting your coffee preferences. Let your creativity run wild and embark on a journey of coffee exploration.
The Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is a professional-grade espresso machine designed for home use. Here are its key specifications:
|Power||The machine operates at 1700 Watts|
|Dimensions||14.7" D x 15.9" W x 14.9" H|
|Weight||The product weight is not specified|
|Voltage||The machine operates at 120 Volts|
|Portafilter||It comes with a professional 58mm stainless steel portafilter that holds a 22g dose|
|Boilers||The machine features dual stainless steel boilers and a heated group head controlled by PID temperature control for precise water temperature|
|Pressure||The machine uses a 15 bar Italian pump for high-pressure extraction|
|Steam Wand||The machine includes a powerful steam wand designed to quickly turn milk into smooth microfoam|
|Control||The machine allows for 1 & 2 shot or manual control over how much espresso ends up in your cup|
|Display||The machine features a display that provides all the information needed to deliver the perfect espresso extraction|
|Water Tank Capacity||The machine has a water tank capacity of 2.5L|
|Pre Infusion Function||The machine gradually increases water pressure to gently expand grinds for an even extraction|
|Accessories||The machine comes with a 58mm Razor Dosing tool, 58mm Stainless Steel Portafilter, 1cup & 2cup Single and Dual Wall Filter Baskets, Integrated Tamper, 16oz Stainless Steel Milk Jug, Cleaning Kit, Water Hardness Test Strip, Water Filter Holder, and Water Filter|
Who Needs This
The Breville Dual Boiler is perfect for avid coffee lovers who want to elevate their home brewing experience. It caters to those who appreciate the art of espresso-making and desire the versatility to create a range of hot beverages. Whether you are a coffee enthusiast or a barista in training, this espresso machine is an essential addition to your kitchen.
Pros and Cons
Overall, the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is a high-quality, professional-grade espresso machine that delivers excellent performance and ease of use. However, its size, price, and lack of a built-in grinder may be drawbacks for some users.
What Customers Are Saying
Here are some customer and blog article reviews of the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine:
- Breville Dual Boiler Review: An Almost Perfect Espresso Machine – WIRED: This review praises the machine for its dual boiler system, precise temperature control, and ease of use. However, it mentions the machine’s large size and high price as potential drawbacks.
- Breville Dual Boiler (BES920XL) Review – Home-Barista.com: This review highlights the machine’s attractive design, feature-laden capabilities, and excellent performance in the cup. The only negative factors mentioned are slightly anemic steam power, lack of brew pressure adjustment, and unknown reliability.
- Breville Dual Boiler Review: Better than Decent? – The Coffee Chronicler: This review praises the machine for its excellent espresso quality, steaming performance, and programmability. However, it also mentions the machine’s size, price, and lack of a built-in grinder as potential drawbacks.
- Breville the Dual Boiler Review | Tested by GearLab – Tech Gear Lab: This review rates the machine highly for its espresso quality, ease of use, and programmability. It also mentions the machine’s large size and high price as potential drawbacks.
- Customer reviews: Breville BES920XL Dual Boiler Espresso Machine,84 oz, Brushed Stainless Steel – Amazon.com: Amazon customer reviews for the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine are generally positive, with many users praising the machine’s performance, ease of use, and quality of espresso produced. Some users mention the machine’s size and price as potential drawbacks.
- Techgearlab says that the Breville Dual Boiler is ‘A great choice for those that want the best possible at-home espresso quality, but it comes at a hefty’. They rate the machine at 92/100
- Coffeeness says the machine is ‘simply superb’ and gives it 5 stars.
- Lance Hedrick has positive reviews on his YouTube channel (see below) on the Breville Dual Boiler (also known as Sage in the European market). Lance is a well-known figure in the coffee industry with over a decade of experience. He has worked in various roles within the industry, including barista, roaster, quality control, manager, and consultant. He oversees wholesale for the West Coast and international accounts for Onyx Coffee Labs.
These reviews highlight the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine (also known as SAGE) is NOT being discontinued and has excellent performance, ease of use, and advanced features. However, some users mention the machine’s size, price, and lack of a built-in grinder as potential drawbacks.
The Breville Dual Boiler is a premium espresso machine that offers exceptional value for those seeking professional-quality coffee at home. While it comes with a higher price tag, the features, durability, and performance justify the investment. Say goodbye to mediocre coffee and indulge in the richness and complexity of a perfectly brewed espresso.
Tips and Tricks For Best Results
- Always use freshly roasted coffee beans and grind them just before extraction for the best flavor.
- Experiment with different grind sizes, extraction times, and temperatures to find your preferred brewing settings.
- Clean the machine regularly to maintain optimal performance and extend its lifespan.
- Master the art of milk texturing by practicing and experimenting with different techniques.
The Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is a top-of-the-line espresso machine that brings the café experience to your home. Its exceptional features, precise extraction, and micro-foam milk texturing ensure consistently delicious coffee. With its sleek stainless steel design and user-friendly interface, this machine is the perfect addition to any coffee lover’s kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How long does it take to brew an espresso with the Breville Dual Boiler?
The brewing time can vary based on your selected settings, but typically, it takes 25-30 seconds to extract a single shot of espresso.
Can I use pre-ground coffee with this machine?
Yes, you can use pre-ground coffee if you prefer not to grind your beans.
Is the Breville Dual Boiler easy to clean?
Cleaning is relatively simple. Regular maintenance, such as backflushing and descaling, is necessary to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Is it possible to turn off the steam boiler when not in use?
This question arises due to concerns about energy efficiency and machine longevity. However, it is not possible to turn off the steam boiler when not in use as it is used to preheat water headed for the brew boiler.
How does the Breville Dual Boiler compare to other brands regarding reliability and build quality?
Some users have raised concerns about the machine’s build quality and reliability, noting instances of parts failing or units being returned. However, others argue that these issues may be more visible due to Breville’s consumer-oriented nature, which means more people post about their experiences with the machine.
How can I adjust the shot volume, duration, and temperature on the Breville Dual Boiler?
The Breville Dual Boiler allows users to fine-tune their shot settings, including shot volume, temperature, and duration, to achieve a perfect extraction every time.
Can I modify the pre-infusion settings on the Breville Dual Boiler?
Yes, the pre-infusion settings can be accessed and adjusted by pressing the up and down buttons on the machine.
What are some tips for setting up and using the Breville Dual Boiler for the first time?
When setting up the Breville Dual Boiler, users are advised to follow the detailed setup and use instructions provided by Breville. These instructions cover everything from dosing to extraction to steam pressure temperature. Remember, when all else fails, read the instruction manual! 🙂